Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to School!

I know its been awhile, so Ill update everyone on what I've been up to since I got back from Washington. The first few weeks back were so nice, getting to spend time with my family and friends I hadn't seen all summer. It was so nice just getting to relax and do nothing during the days, and to lay out by the pool which I had missed. But before I knew it, it was time to move back up to Austin. It took us two trips up this year to move all my stuff. Since I'm in my first apartment ever, I had to bring lots of furniture and a bed. My room turned out soo cute. I have been collecting things to decorate it with since freshman year! It was so exciting to finally put it all together. My dad built all my furniture and hung my pictures, and my mom made my bed (its tradition, its her favorite part). I love my roommates and am having lots of fun with all my UT friends. But of course, i'm already sooo busy with classes. This year I'm taking differential equations, which is a math class, another CS class which focuses on theory of many topics including cryptography, security and encoding, and regular expressions, all which I'm very excited about. The class actually seems like one of my easier classes this semester. I'm also taking a Geology class, and an electrical engineering class. The EE class is basically taking over my life already. Its a self paced class, meaning that I teach myself the material from reading our textbook, and as soon as i'm done with a chapter, I take a test on it before moving to the next. Each test has to be passed with 100% correctness which is the rough part. You are expected to complete 2 chapters a week, so reading, taking notes, studying the material, and passing a test on it. Its kind of the dreaded class in the CS major, and everyone knows that the semester you take the class, you will always be stressed out and pretty much have no life outside of it. So I'm already feeling the strains of dreaded EE, but I knew it was coming. This is the first semester I really do almost nothing but study. Good thing I had the Microsoft internship to motivate me, so I keep pushing through instead of getting lazy and giving up. Besides school, I'm looking into some interesting clubs to join. I went to a meeting last night for the Sailing club. They go out every Saturday and sail on  Lake Travis. Its so beautiful out there and I love being on the water, so the club seemed like a great idea. 2 of my friends are planning on joining as well so Ill keep you updated on how it goes. We plan to try it this Saturday for the first time. And, of course fall semester means FOOTBALL SEASON!!! I went to the first game (and survived the heat and constant standing) and was so excited to see our Longhorns do so well. The second game was another blowout, and I had fun watching it at a restaurant surrounded by UT fans. This weekends game should be fun, since its the first team that might give us a little run for our money. Hope ya'll are watching the games! Well thats about all for now! Should have some more exciting things coming up! 

No comments: